Workware Data Insights. Shining a light on operations…
Working in partnership with PwC, BAT Global Business Services first trialled the Workware cloud-based solution in 2016, to capture performance data in support of the Perform Program business transformation project.
Initially, consolidated spreadsheets and an in-house time tracker were used to support the Perform Project, to track operations performance. It became clear that a more reliable, real-time measure of efficiency and available capacity was required and Workware was adopted. As a result, management were then able to measure end to end processes and operations performance in real-time, identify spare capacity and quantify the benefits of the Perform Program itself.
Within 8 months of adopting Workware™, team managers dispensed with monthly KPI reports in favour of real-time performance and capacity reports, enabling immediate and short term operational changes. Benefits gained from the Workware Data Insights and Performance
• Significant improvement in operational efficiency
• Released latent workforce capacity
• Elimination of overtime
• Realistic standard times established leading to improved planning
• Team members able to monitor their performance and contribute to efficiency improvements
• 1 on 1 team member reviews increased from 2 to 26 per year based on accurate and trusted data
• Identification of best practice and team member mentoring
• Enabled the setting of realistic and measurable incentives