ActiveOps Health Check
Our most experienced practitioners conduct an on-site ActiveOps Health Check. This survey of your current working practices determines:
- How current management activities measure up to the ActiveOps Capability Maturity Model of international best practices.
- Whether managers and team leaders have the tools, approach and training to meet your business objectives and expectations.
- Opportunities for capacity improvements through changes to current operations management practices.
- The cost and approach of addressing identified issues.
Contact us to schedule a Diagnostic Review
Assessing your current status
Operations management is about the simultaneous control of productivity, quality and service. We review how this is managed in your business today and assess how you compare to the ActiveOps four-part competence framework:
- Approach– management behavior – is it active, reactive or bureaucratic across all roles and levels.
- Consistency and comprehensiveness of management processes – is there a common work management process or does it vary from team to team? How well do team practices integrate into departmental and cross-departmental activities?
- Professional Operations Management skills– is there formal training in this area, with recognized development paths and competence models?
Tools and standards supporting these processes, such as clerical products, can be complex. Often a business utilizes multiple products across a substantial variety of customer requirements. Tools that supervisors employ for planning and control can make the difference between assumptions (to be in control) and practical reality.
Information is collected on output work volumes in relation to the staff resources that are being applied. This establishes any variability in productivity and how this relates to the volume of work input. The level of precision of this analysis depends on the amount of data that is currently being captured and retained by teams.
Observation of operational activities on the office floor during the day is highly recommended. For example, what kind of displays are posted on walls and whiteboards, what is the general ebb and flow of activities throughout the day. Therefore, it is preferable to conduct interviews at actual supervisor or manager locations rather than interview rooms that are disassociated from the activity flow.
The visit concludes with a management team interactive feedback and review session. Our views are discussed and tested against your own outlook. This is followed up with a report and presentation at your site at a time convenient for the appropriate participants.
The output of the health check includes:
- A presentation of the review results compared to the four competency dimensions
- Management approach
- Management processes
- Management skills
- Supporting resources
- Quantified projected productivity improvement that could be achieved. This is based on the degree of variability for what is required to realize the opportunity benefit.
- A proposed approach to address the opportunities identified.
The ActiveOps Health Check is designed to provide a comprehensive review of your current operations management process. Your business is assessed using international best practices against a standard, proven Capability Maturity Model. You receive instant feedback on opportunities for improvement, as well as:
- A quantified assessment of any potential capacity improvement that can be realized through changes to operations management practices.
- An immediate contribution to your current approach to operations management. We develop our perceptions and conclusions with the management team during the course of the review. The local team is provided with recommendations and proposed value that takes into consideration the time and expense that would be involved.
- A clear approach including cost benefit analysis to address identified opportunities.